MMoMs Group - "Milkin' Mamas of Manassas Support" Group
Enjoy the support of other mothers and the expertise of a staff Lactation Consultant guiding breastfeeding discussion topics and addressing any concerns by mothers at the Manassas Breastfeeding Clinic(across from Prince William Hospital). Mommy's, Baby's, Kid's, and Pregnant moms are welcome. Support Group is Free, but Donations are Accepted and Appreciated. Toys available for older children. Free weight checks for your baby are also performed during the meeting. Having the working mom is mind, we have chosen to offer support group sessions on the weekend, but those hard working stay-at-home moms, please come as well, perhaps with dad home, you would enjoy some mom-to-mom support with just your babe!
Topics Include: Going Back to Work, Breastfeeding Pains, Low Milk Supply, Introducing Bottles and Solids, Pumping, Teething, and So Much More...Most moms come in with a question or concern and the group addresses it with their own experiences!
Le Leche League Breastfeeding Support Group - Manassas
Meetings are at the Manassas Breastfeeding Clinic
8425 Dorsey Circle, STE 101, Manassas, VA, 20110
2nd Friday,10am-12pm, meeting every other month(June,Aug,Oct,Dec, 2013)
Private Breastfeeding Class
Enjoy a Private Breastfeeding Session in the comfort of your own home or in office. I strongly believe that a woman needs to be able to expose her breast and be shown how to hold her breast. The classroom setting is good for the basics and general information, but a personal one-on-one session can equip a mother for unique issues that might arise that she can prepare for prior to birth. From wearing a hospital gown to reviewing the first week's feeding log, we can help moms feel confident and prepared for their breastfeeding experience.
- Preparing for Breastfeeding: Breast Changes, Breast/Nipple Exam and Milk Production Health History
- Milk Production: From Colostrum to Weaning
- Hospitalization: Getting Through the Hospital Bottle-Free
- Positioning: Skin-to-Skin, Cross Cradle, Cradle, Football, Side-lying, Reclined After Vaginal or C/Section
- Personalized questions/concerns like Pumping, Going back to work, Hand Expression, Flat/Inverted Nipples, Etc.
- Finally, the mother can also enjoy check ups via email or phone from birth to 6 weeks and beyond to answer any questions/concerns that may develop. Free!
60-90 Minute Home Breastfeeding Session: Insurance Co-pay + $25 travel charge(not covered by insurance)
60-90 Minute Office Breastfeeding Session: Insurance Co-pay
Call 703-822-1690 to schedule your Personalized Breastfeeding Class